Wednesday 15 October 2014

The Magic of New Beginnings

To begin with, please vote for my blog nominated as best lifestyle blog in the Zambia Blog Social Media Awards here. Vote as many times as you can!

 So, a lot of changes have taken place since I last blogged. I have been so inconsistent with my blog that I considered closing it for a while. I didn't know how seriously I wanted to take my blog and also I am not sure how much of my life I want to share online but somehow I could not get myself to do it.

So here I am with a brief update. In August I gave in my notice and resigned from a job I have had for the past 3 years. I have to admit it was a huge step. Over time your job becomes part of your identity and letting go feels like giving up a part of who you are.


However, I  felt that I needed to take this step and challenge myself. In September, I started working at a creative agency. Creative advertising has always been something I was hugely interested in and though I did not know much, I felt like at this point in my life this was a direction I wanted to take. I have to admit the first week I felt like packing my bags and heading back. Being new, not knowing what to do, not knowing anyone, it can all be challenging. But life is about overcoming challenges and I am now settling into my new job.

To end, I'd like to share some pictures of a trip I took with my new workmates. We went to Siavonga for a creative brainstorm and it was lovely, a great way to come up with new work ideas and also get to know the rest of the team.

 Lake Kariba is absolutely beautiful

Really enjoyed all the fish. It was fresh from the lake and very tasty! Even tried cray fish.

 Boat cruises, selfies and jumping into the air. I can't complain.


 Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this blog and all my lovely followers!







No comments:

Post a Comment