Tuesday 10 March 2015

Celebrating The Imporatnt Things - Late Birthday Post


My birthday was in February but I'd still like to share this beautiful picture collage of images I captured during my birthday weekend at the stunning Lilayi Lodge.

Looking back on growing a year older, I realise that my fear is not really about aging, my fear is about growing older and feeling like I should have achieved more, or that I had expected to have certain things in my life at this point that I don't.

Growing older reminds me that life is passing by, and that makes me think about something I try so hard to forget. Death. It makes me ask "If I died now, would I be remembered for something?"These thoughts push me forward.

That said, I think the best thing about birthdays for me is that they remind me of the really important things. Things like love, family and friendship. I realise that if I achieve nothing more in this life, it's ok. Because I have people who genuinely love me, who have chosen to travel this life with me and who are happy I was born and a part of their lives. What could be more valuable than that? At the end of the day, it's all that counts.

Follow me on Instagram to see what I got up to in pictures! Username: @ghetogal



No comments:

Post a Comment