Wednesday 14 March 2012

On Trend: The Maxi Skirt

I have been in love with the maxi look for a long while now but could never find a maxi skirt that felt right on me so you can imagine how delirious I got when I stumbled upon the perfect maxi skirt a few days ago while thrift/vintage shopping! I got pretty lucky and found some cute leopard print peep-toe pumps too which has also been on my wish list for a long time. In my mind the outfit was already made!

I am the sort of person who does not wait to wear new clothes because I believe tomorrow is a gift, not a promise. I don't keep clothes for special occasions unless it is a really SPECIAL one and it's coming soon because I don't want to buy something and die before I wear it! It's pretty silly but I live by that rule.

Apart from that I have been giving away a lot of stuff that I don't wear anymore because I really want to un-clutter my life. I am such a hoarder and always tell myself that I might need an item of clothing later even when I have not worn it for months. I am trying to change! I do not want clothes to be so important in my life. I feel good about shopping for clothes and looking good but I don't want it to be more important than love, friendship and family.






I do not have the prettiest toes so don't look too hard! lol. Thank you for reading!!!

4 comments:

  1. The skirt looks really nice on you! Love those bangles and shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, the bangles are two distinct sets, one i received for my birthday and the other on my graduation:)

      Delete
  2. The skirt is super pretty! I love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I got it for about a dollar, would you believe that?lol. I hope I don't end up wearing it everyday because I'm in love with it too!!

      Delete