Tuesday 6 March 2012

Shorts and Bows

Firstly I want to say thank you to everyone who has followed my blog so far, it's such an honour to know you would be interested in keeping up with my rumbles..lol. At some point I will be a lot more serious about this blog, I usually push it aside for work and other things but I want to share more with you in days to come, pinkie swear!

Lately, I have started being a little bit adventurous with my style, nothing too out there but I was pretty impressed with an outfit I came up with over the weekend. A few days ago I bought the prettiest skirt and it had a huge bow on the side that didn't seem quite right so I cut it off. I thought I would sew it  back onto the back of the skirt or something but in the end I decided I might as well use it as a bow on my shirts. This is the first look I styled it with and I was pretty impressed with the outcome! I have seen a few celebrities pull this look off and I loved that it worked for me too! Well, what do you think?



I bet you noticed the stitch in my tights by now! Guilty as charged :) I love these tights because they fit so perfectly so I was distraught when they got a huge rip while I was getting off a bus on my way to church. You might think at this stage I have gotten used to holes in my tights but I could not bring myself to throw this pair out so I sewed it back together..lol.

Like I said, several celebrities have worked this look before and I absolutely loved how my girl Bonang Matheba (who I featured in a previous post) looked on the cover of True Love Magazine. PERRR-FECT!!



I was going to feature other celebrities who have worn the bow look but then I stumbled upon Funmi Ogunja's post on the trend and decided not to. You can visit her blog here to see some great looks!

PS: Today my boyfriend and I are celebrating TWO years together! Will do a special post about it later so keep your eyes locked on here!!!

4 comments:

  1. I like the look, especially that blouse and the bow! New follower :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Diane!! Thanks for the follow:) & of course the compliment:)

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit dear, the bow makes it preppy and very chic.

    ReplyDelete